Tuesday, March 3, 2009

AIM on iPhone


As if text messaging (SMS) and phone calls weren't enough - there is an iPhone application (free) for AIM (AOL Instant Messaging). I thought this was good to post because as we have frequently discussed in class - the Internet and other advancements in technology have not only separated us from face-to-face interaction, but it has provided us with different mediums of doing so. Although I think there are enough features on an iPhone to stay in touch with people, I know myself I wouldn't be able to commit to another way of discourse with friends and family. Is it necessary to always be in touch and in every format? I think not, but this could be the case of Web 2.0 fundamentals and more specifically peer production - and maybe that's not such a bad thing?
LINK