Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cloud Contacts: Good idea, but I wouldn't pay for it

CloudContacts seems to be a great technical asset to business people who accumulate numerous business cards from various meetings. Essentially CloudContacts is a service that will import the information on the card, as well as any notes you’ve taken down, into a database system. This database makes it easier do you to keep track of all your business associates and provides links to their own social network profiles and company websites. However this service is not free. I’ve yet to have an actual job where I collect other people’s business cards, but if I did, I think I’d stick with making my own database via MS Access or another free online service. I’m a bit stingy with money and don’t really want to pay people to type data into a computer when I’m capable of doing it myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment