Monday, February 2, 2009

Facebook as a Marketing Tool

I think Facebook is one of the major aspects of our generation’s Internet experience. Most people have a Facebook profile and a large percentage of these people are active or overly active on the site. Since the social network is so large, vast and diverse, it’s no surprise that companies look to it as a potential marketing tool. Facebook has apparently given rights to large companies to poll Facebook users on "various details of their social life. From my understanding, it means that companies can now target users [certain age groups, sexual orientation, location, education] and place a poll in their feed.

Although I don’t like the idea of companies obtaining information about me personally, I do think, that from a business perspective, this is a great marketing idea.

Blog entry: Facebook’s Monetization Plan? Polls. And Lots Of Them



.::Sasha::.

No comments:

Post a Comment